The Arkansas Rural Endowment Fund (AREF) was established by the General Assembly in 1959 to provide loan programs for rural Arkansas residents who wouldn’t otherwise qualify for nor have access to federal loans. AREF is a quasi-governmental, nonprofit corporation that is neither an entity of the federal nor state government.
- ONLY Arkansas residents qualify for this loan.
- Must have a co-signer
- The co-signer must be currently employed
- The student and co-signer must pay a non-refundable $20 application fee
- The fees can be paid over the phone with debit or credit card, or you may send in a check or money order.
- AREF contact number: 501-375-2358